Friday, June 14, 2013

Modeling Paste, Ink, and Die Cuts

Hello, thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I have a fun project to share using modeling paste, die cuts, and lots of Clearsnap products.

I started my project with a die cut and a sheet of white cardstock. I placed my die cut on my cardstock where I wanted it and made light pencil marks on the edges so I would know where I wanted to put the modeling paste on.
To tint the modeling paste I simply put a spoonful on a paper plate and sprayed it with Stephanie Barnard Strawberry Spray and mixed it. I didn't want all the paste the same color so I didn't mix it completely. I left it with some light and dark streaks in it. Keep in mind the color of the paste will be much darker when it dries.
 Then I smeared it on to white cardstock paying attention to the pencil marks I made earlier so I knew where to put the paste.
Immediately after smearing the paste I sprinkled it with Donna Salazar Fairy Dust Glitter and then I gently placed my die cut on top. I pressed the die cut into the paste in a few small areas to attach it to the cardstock. I then left it to dry overnight.
Here's what my final layout looks like:
And here's some close-up photos:



Clearsnap Supplies used:
 Other Supplies used:

1 comment:

  1. What a cool layout! Love how you used modelling paste! I must try it myself one day!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS