Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back to school photos...on projects that have nothing to do with school?!?

Yup! It's true! I only do one to two layouts about back to school per year BUT I take dozens of photos before the kids start school. So, what do I do with the other photos. I use then throughout the year on layouts that I have a story to tell but not necessarily a photo to go with it. This layout is an example of that.

On this layout I wanted to tell the story of my daughter saying her prayers one night but I didn't have a photo of her that told that particular story. So I just chose one of the photos I took on our back to school photo shoot and used it to help tell the story.






I do a lot of layouts without the photos and stories matching exactly. When my kiddos say something cute that I want to remember, or I think of a story to tell; I write the story down right then. Then when I am ready to scrapbook that story or memory I scroll through my back to school photos and find one that I like and use it.

I have another example of this in the July issue of Scrapbook Trends Magazine, I'll post a photo of that when I can :)

Thanks for taking time to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS